A blog for lovers of both pets and crafty things

Mimi is one of my cats and biggest culprit of counter surfing, particularly while I'm trying to cook. I think the kitties love food as much or maybe even more than me. This blog is dedicated to Mimi, Gabby and Peat who are my little furry assistants with all my knitting, sewing, cooking and crafty projects.





Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fancy corkboard project

Another use of my awesome Target shower curtain!  I picked up a framed painting at Goodwill for $13 just for the frame.  (Another story is that painting.  See end of post.)  I also got some cork board tiles at Fred Meyer.  I took apart the painting and set aside all but the foam core backing.  Glued the cork tiles to the foam core with some Elmer's, trimmed the excess cork.  Covered the cork with my fabulous shower curtain fabric, stretched it tight and put into the frame. Voila!
About that painting.  Turns out the ugly purple and pink monstrosity has a nice watercolor painting underneath.  (It's not a print.)  It is much nicer without the matching pink and purple mat they framed it in.  It doesn't go with my decor at all, so am hoping a friend might want it.

1 comment:

  1. this project looks great! I'm looking to redo a boring corkboard and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete